Synthetic biology is a novel area of research that is the amalgamation of multiple disciplines such as molecular biology, biotechnology, biophysics and genetic engineering among others. There are chiefly two approaches used in synthetic biology namely, top down approach and bottom up approach. Top-down approach involves the re-design and fabrication of existing biological systems for producing synthetic products. Bottom-up approach involves designing and construction of de novo biological systems or devices that do not exist in nature. An impending need to understand the functioning of genetic elements, cells and biological processes has led to the emergence of synthetic biology. Synthetic biology products are used across many industries, including pharmaceutical & diagnostics, energy, bioplastics and environment.
World synthetic biology market was valued at $ 5,245.7 million in 2015, growing at a CAGR of 23% during the forecast period. Assistance from government and private organizations, rising number of synthetic biology research entities and declining cost of DNA sequencing & synthesizing are the major factors driving the market growth. On the contrary, bio-safety & bio-security issues, would hinder the market growth. The issues related to the misuse of synthetic biology or possibilities of accidental release of pathogens into free atmosphere would remain as a key challenge worldwide. However, rising demand for bio-fuels, growing awareness in emerging economies and rising R&D investments for synthetic drugs and vaccines would offer lucrative opportunities in the market.
Based on geography, the market is segmented across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA regions. In 2015, Europe was the leading geography in terms of revenue generation followed by North America. Further, Europe would continue to maintain its lead position through 2020 owing to constant support from European government and private organizations, establishment of small start-ups and investment by leading companies especially in the biofuel segment. Asia Pacific is projected as the fastest growing market owing to increasing number of research entities.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the leading companies operating in the world synthetic biology market. Key companies profiled in the report are Thermo Fisher Scientific, GenScript, DNA2.0, Integrated DNA technologies, Eurofins Scientific, Inc., Origene technologies, Scientific genomics Inc. Editas Medicine, Inc., Pareto Biotechnologies, Blue heron, TeselaGen, Twist Bioscience, Syntrox Inc., and others.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the world synthetic biology market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the current market and estimations during 20142020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- The synthetic biology market scenario has been comprehensively analyzed in accordance to key geographical regions.
- The key market players operating in the market have been profiled in the report, and their strategies have been thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading market players across geographies.
- SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
SYNTHETIC BIOLOGY MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
The world Synthetic Biology market is segmented as:
- Synthetic DNA
- Synthetic oligos
- Synthetic genes
- Software tools
- Chassis organisms
- Synthetic clones
- Synthetic cells
- Nucleotide synthesis and sequencing
- Genetic engineering
- Pharmaceuticals and diagnostics
- Others (Environment, agriculture & aquaculture)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Allied Market Research
Integrated DNA technologies IDT
Origene technologies, Inc.
Scientific Genomics, Inc.
Thermo Fisher Scientific (B·R·A·H·M·S GmbH)