Coca-Cola plant bottle™ vs. Pepsico Green Bottle:

The giant’s war!

In 2009, Coca-Cola announced their new environmentally-friendly bottle named: Plant-Bottle™. The Plant-Bottle was a major innovation in the packaging field of area because of its renewable content. The Coca-Cola’s bottle contains 22, 5% of bio-based content and 25% of recycled PET. 30% renewable content in mass of the plastic is in fact obtained from the monoethylene glycol (MEG) derived from the sugarcane. The other 70% by weight is a petroleum-based PTA which is not already obtainable with the plants.

This move enables the firm to save an important part of its C02 consumption.

… Full Text:

Tags: The Plant-Bottle™, Green bottle


Bioplastic innovations, 2012-03-17.


Coca-Cola Co.