Launching the Sustainable Apparel Barometer 2021, this webinar features discussion of the challenges and opportunities in viscose production, how transparency in the cotton sector is evolving and what needs to be done to drive greater social compliance within apparel supply chains.
The expert panel lay out the findings of the new research and share some common themes and conclusions that can be applied across the apparel sector.
- Don’t “keep it simple”: Avoid broad brush approaches and communicate complexity in an open, honest and credible manner
- Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate: The urgent need for more, better collaboration, especially between the corporate sector and government agencies, and vertically within industry
- Business model transformation: How sustainability can and must be placed at the centre of decision-making
- Towards a stronger sustainability strategy: The key lessons across the three chapters that can be applied to develop stronger sustainability strategies
- La Rhea Pepper, CEO, Textile Exchange
- Avedis Seferian, president and CEO, WRAP
- Tara Luckman, sustainable fashion and textiles consultant and advisor to the US Cotton Trust Protocol
- Craig Tribolet, sustainability operations manager, Asia Pacific Resources International Holdings Limited (APRIL)
Host: Dr Peter Stanbury, senior associate, Innovation Forum
The Sustainable Apparel Barometer was formed thanks to the support of Textile Exchange, WRAP, US Cotton Trust Protocol and Asia Pacific Rayon (APR).