For almost six years, Lara Dammer has been heading the “Economy & Policy” Department at nova-Institute. She holds a Master’s degree in Political Science and has been a part of the nova team since 2012. After her maternal leave, she is now back with new energy to tackle the challenges of a renewable carbon world.
At nova-Institute, Lara is an expert for all things related to policy and strategy for a renewable carbon-based economy. Her main topics of work are the level playing field for a bioeconomy; policy framework for CCU; renewable energy, plastic and waste policies; circular economy; standardisation of bio-based products; labelling, communication and dissemination.
Some of Lara’s recent projects include a study on biodegradable plastic policies around the world, nova Sessions on the European Circular Economy and Plastics strategy, a study on the policy framework for innovative cellulose fibres and work on the recycling of biocomposites. She heads the working group “Policy” of the Renewable Carbon Initiative led by nova.
- Porc, O., Hark, N., Carus, M., Dammer, L. and Carrez, D. 2020: European Bioeconomy in Figures 2008-2017. nova-Institut GmbH (Ed.), Hürth, Germany, 2020-9.
- Krause, L., Dietrich, F., Carus, M., Skoczinski, P., Ruiz, P., Dammer, L. and Raschka, A. 2020: Chemical Recycling – Status, Trends and Challenges. Technologies, Sustainability, Policy and Key Players. nova-Institut GmbH (Ed.), Hürth, Germany, 2020-11. https://doi.org/10.52548/DUAS7128
- Partanen, A., Carus, M., Piotrowski, S., Dammer, L. and Küppers, M. 2020: nova-Paper #13: “Bio-based products: Green premium prices and consumer perception of different biomass feedstocks“. nova-Institut GmbH (Ed.), Hürth, Germany, 2020-09. Download at http://bio-based.eu/nova-papers/#novapaper13
- Carus, M., Dammer, L., Raschka, A., Skoczinski, P. and vom Berg, C. 2020: nova-Paper #12: “Renewable Carbon – Key to a Sustainable and Future-Oriented Chemical and Plastic Industry“. nova-Institut GmbH (Ed.), Hürth, Germany, 2020-09. Download at http://bio-based.eu/nova-papers/#novapaper12
- Dammer, L. and Carus, M. 2020: The EU circular economy package and plastics strategy. An overview and what they mean for bio-based plastics. PU Magazine, Vol. 17 (4).
- Ronzon, T., Piotrowski, S., Tamosiunas, S., Dammer, L., Carus, M. and M’Barek, R. 2020: Developments of Economic Growth and Employment in Bioeconomy Sectors across the EU. Sustainability – MDPI, Vol. 12 (4507), 1-13. 10.3390/su12114507
- Dammer, L., Carus, M. and Piotrowski, S. 2019: Sugar as Feedstock for the Chemical Industry – what is the most sustainable option? nova-Institut GmbH (Ed.), Hürth, Germany, 2019-01.
- Carus, M. and Dammer, L. 2018: The Circular Bioeconomy—Concepts, Opportunities, and Limitations. Industrial Biotechnology, Vol. 14 (2), 83-91. 10.1089/ind.2018.29121.mca
nova-Institut GmbH, 2021-10-29.
Renewable Carbon News – Daily Newsletter
Subscribe to our daily email newsletter – the world's leading newsletter on renewable materials and chemicals